This Policy applies only to the website and online services provided by Q Therapeutics, Inc. This Policy does not cover any interaction you may have with Q Therapeutics by telephone, postal mail or other offline communications.
Our website is not designed for use by children without parental supervision. We ask that anyone under the age of 18 not submit any personal information through our website. We do not knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of 18, and therefore we do not knowingly distribute such information to third parties.
I. Information that we collect
- At various locations on our website, such as in registration forms, we may request that you supply us with "personal information" such as your name, e-mail address, mailing address, home or work telephone number.
- You will always know when we are collecting personal information, because we only collect personal information when you voluntarily submit it to us through our online forms.
- Although you do not have to provide us with any information to visit our website, you may not be able to fully utilize all of the services on our website if you choose not to provide certain information.
- If you do choose to give us personal information through our website, we will collect and retain that information.
II. Disclosure of information to third parties
Affiliates and non-affiliates
- Except as specifically set forth in this Policy, we do not share your personal information with any non-affiliated third party without your permission.
- We may disclose personal information when we are required or requested to do so by law, court order or other government or law enforcement authority or regulatory agency; to enforce or apply our rights and agreements; or when we believe in good faith that disclosing this information is necessary or advisable, including, for example, to protect the rights, property or safety of Q Therapeutics, our users or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
III. Uses of information
- We use the information you submit to provide the services you request.
- We use your information to inform you of news or other updates offered by Q Therapeutics.
- We may share information about you with vendors we have hired to help us provide our services.
- We do not share your email address with other companies for offers of their products and services.
IV. Security of the information we collect
The security of your personal information is important to us. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to secure your personal information. However, "perfect security" does not exist on the Internet, and there is always some risk in transmitting information electronically.
- The personal information we collect is stored within databases that we control. As we deem appropriate, we use security measures consistent with industry standards, such as firewalls and encryption technology to protect your information.
- However, since no security system is impenetrable, we cannot guarantee the security of our databases, nor can we guarantee that information you supply won't be intercepted while being transmitted to us over the Internet.
V. Accuracy of the information we collect
Q Therapeutics, Inc.
615 Arapeen Drive, Ste 102
Salt Lake City, UT 84108
- After receiving a request to change your information, we will make an effort to ensure that all of your personal information stored in databases we actively use to operate our website will be updated, corrected, changed or deleted, as appropriate, as soon as reasonably possible.
- However, we reserve the right to retain in our archival files any information we remove from or change in our active website databases.
- In addition, it is not technologically possible to remove each and every record of the information you have provided to us.
- A copy of your personal information may exist in a non-erasable form that will be difficult or impossible for us to locate.
- This Policy is effective as of June 1, 2007. We reserve the right to change this Policy at any time, and will post any changes to this Policy as soon as they go into effect.
- Please refer back to this Policy on a regular basis.